Monday, April 20, 2009

poop it out.

Zane is quite the almost 5 year old! We are expecting a third child in September, and as this will be another homebirth there is the distinct possibility that Zane and Stone might be present for the birth. In preparation, I have been reading a book to Zane and Stone (when Stone will pay attention) called Welcome with Love. It's all about a mother that is giving birth to her child in the home with the family all around.

It has some illustrations in it that show the head between the mother's legs from a side angle (Not the legs spread angle). And when Zane saw it he decided that I am going to poop the baby out. After discussing it a little, he also said he thinks the baby will come out of my head. I explained to him basic hookups of a female body, so he does know how it happens, but I doubt he really gets it. How could he, really?

What I am waiting to hear is that he has been talking about it at school. I have not heard anything yet as this was his first day back at school since spring break. But, he wants to read the book all the time and he really likes the pooping the baby out picture. He will even go upstairs and read the book to himself without anyone suggesting it.

The great thing about all this is that Zane is very excited about the new baby. He often likes to kiss my belly and he talks about how he hopes it is a sister. I've also let him know that he doesn't have a choice. If the baby is a brother, there is no sending it back!

2 comments:

  1. My kids came out of my head. You can tell Zane that...

    I remember my mom telling me about the birds and bees when I was 9. I was totally grossed out... still am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ... I can't wait for when he shares this new knowledge with his classmates! Don't you just love a child's "spin" on the facts.

    I think it's great that you are sharing the experience with your older children. What a wonderful family bond!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete