Wednesday, July 8, 2009

chocolate zucchini cupcakes

So, we did end up making chocolate zucchini cupcakes of which I quickly devoured most. The boys each had one, outside as they were rather moist an crumby, causing for disaster at clean up time.

I unfortunately forgot to take pictures, but there are pics available at the link to the recipe, and they looked pretty much the same. I did substitute spelt flour for wheat flour, but otherwise I followed her instructions to a T.

You can find the recipe here.

The one thing I would have done is forgo the cinnamon and allspice. Though it did lend a nice flavor, I just would have preferred the muffins without it. I think cinnamon and/or allspice and chocolate are kind of a strange combo. I just really wanted luscious rich chocolate, which these were, with the exception of the spices. The boys loved them as well and no one could tell there was zucchini in them. I would maybe add a little more zucchini, only to get some more veggies into my kids, though zucchini is the one veggie they BOTH like cooked in olive oil with onions, sea salt and pepper.

Hope you have some fun making something with your kids if you have them. Nothing like watching their excitement at having made something that they can eat and share with their friends and family. Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment